Dr. Lijiang Long
Data Scientist at the Home Depot
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Lijiang Long was awarded his PhD in QBioS (home school Biological Sciences) in December 2020. His research advisor was Patrick McGrath, and Lijiang’s thesis topic was “Quantitative Methods to Understand Reproductive Isolation that Contribute to Specialization.”
Speakers will give a career talk and answer your questions.
Potential topics to discuss:
- Career Path
- Current job responsibilities
- How did you find your job?
- What is the interview process like?
- How many hours per week do you work? How do you balance work and personal life?
- What skills or experiences are needed for your role?
- How geographically restrictive is this career?
- How often do you travel for work?
- What is the typical compensation for entry-level and more senior positions?
- How is your current career or company different from other PhD career paths?
- What advice would you give to graduate students considering this career field?